- I have a gig Thursday playing doumbek for belly dancers at an area high school. I wish I hadn't hibernated the drumming all winter! #
- Just bought Equal Rites: Discworld #3 (Unabridged) by Terry Pratchett on Audible.com. http://soc.li/A2Rw18e #
- Balthazar drew a stick-figure cartoon today. One figure had a speech bubble coming out of his butt that said "fart." The End #
- Shit! I choked pretty bad on my doumbek solo… #
- I'm listening to olaf.gradin's QuickMix (http://bit.ly/bBbnXn) #pandora #
Powered by Twitter Tools
Nice site Olaf! So you choked on the drum solo hey!? It happens to the best of us!)
Ha! My problem is stage fright. I get too nervous and the rhythm in my body is erratic and fast. I also forget my “vocabulary” when a mistake comes and it’s harder to correct. Hopefully Fingers of Fury will help me with at least some of this!
I don’t drum, but I certainly know what it feels like to choke on a solo or even as part of a group. Sometimes, my violin and I fight. What I learned at jam camp: Don’t think–listen..and trust your fingers.